Bearded Dragon Diet
The diet of a bearded dragon diet could to some extent be considered as probably one of the most fastidious task that would ever experience when it comes to matters concerned with the diet of pets. A bearded dragon is classified as an omnivore. This means that such a pet is able to eat plants or animals; however they still require a particular diet in order to function accordingly. There are particular procedures that you could follow in order to guarantee that your pet bearded dragon is going through proper care and diet.
1. Essentially, variation is a key ingredient. Providing your bearded dragon with only crickets as its source of food would only lead for it to be malnourished. Try to make its diet a lot more exciting by providing different kinds of foods.
2. On the subject of preserving and sustaining health of bearded dragon as well as its diet, it is necessary to take note of two things related to the feeding of your pet with merely crickets; essentially you could fill the crickets some healthy matters. Fundamentally the type of food the crickets eat determines the kind of food that your bearded dragon would get to eat. So you have to take note of what the crickets are eating. Apart from this, you could also add supplementary vitamins to your bearded dragon’s diet.
3. In case you are feeding your bearded dragon with vegetables, it would be important to know that spinach as well as other dark leafy vegetables is considered not healthy in huge amounts. These kinds of vegetables could filter the necessary calcium that your bearded dragon is need of.
4. It is a general rule that your pet bearded dragon should never get to eat any amount of iceberg lettuce. Its feeding is particularly prohibited.
5. Some green vegetables prove to be very beneficial to a bearded dragon, among these are: collard greens, Dandelion greens and the like. These kinds of greens are extremely good for the health of a bearded dragon thus regular intake is allowed.
6. One reliable source of protein for a bearded dragon is mealworms. On the other hand, it should be noted that when these mealworms are consumed in huge amounts, the bearded dragon may have problems digesting them and digestion complications may be encountered.
7. Nevertheless, it should be noted that when taking care of a bearded dragon everything has to be in moderation and they have to be controlled since overdoing things could lead to a lot of problems. When providing a variety of approaches when taking care of your bearded dragon, putting in small amounts would be the more appropriate choice.
8. Aside from taking care of the food of your bearded dragon, you should also be aware of the temperature that is present in the cage of the bearded dragon. Temperature plays an essential role for the digestive system of a bearded dragon. You have to properly moderate the temperature of the cage to avoid encountering problems.
A bearded dragon proves to be a great pet since it could provide a certain kind of companionship. In order to receive that different kind of companionship, you have to do your part of taking care of it as well.